We've got Carolina on our mind! OUTWOD will be heading to North Carolina for a Friday Night Lights Workout on September 29th, 2017! Join us!
Remember, all OUTWOD events are inclusive and open to athletes from all backgrounds, ages, shapes, sizes and skill level. There is NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED at any of our fitness events, just a desire to live a healthy life and sweat alongside your peers.
WHERE: CF Durham, 410 W Geer Street, Durham, NC
DATE: Friday, September 29th, 2017
6:00PM - Doors Open
6:30PM - Workout Begins
8:30PM - Event Ends
WORKOUT - Team-style, high-intensity interval training incorporating functional movements.
ABOUT THE LGBTQ CENTER OF DURHAM
We are committed to improving the quality of life for LGBTQ+ people in and around Durham:
- through programming, resources, and networks of support;
- by acting as a hub for Durham’s LGBTQ+ community;
- by sharing and affirming all LGBTQ+ lived experiences; and,
- by educating our neighbors in order to enhance understanding of and sensitivity to LGBTQ+ issues.
Our vision is to create a community where all LGBTQ+ lived experiences are affirmed, supported, and celebrated.
Points of Unity
We believe, as individuals of varied experiences and identities, that all people are worthy of equality, respect, and dignity. In order to reflect these values in all that we do, we continually endeavor to:
- be conscious that we are inextricably connected to each other in stability, power, and unity for our survival and liberation;
- be deeply rooted in relationships, and to build and sustain those connections;
- foster space where we can be heard and seen in all aspects of our whole selves;
- understand the complexities of what it means to feel safe and included, in all contexts, and to allow this knowledge to inform and guide our collective work;
- ground ourselves in our community’s long legacy of resilience and brilliance, and celebrate those qualities in our community members today;
- encourage and promote our ability to take care of ourselves and each other, in recognition of the toll of living daily with the effects of oppressions;
- prioritize historically and emerging marginalized peoples in leadership roles;
- listen to the voices and assess needs of the community to determine programming;
- create and maintain a culture of transparency and accessibility throughout all operations and relationships of the organization.
Our intention is that this be a living document that evolves with the needs of the community, and that these statements be revisited as necessary to ensure they are still serving the values set forth previously. These points of unity should inform and influence all policies, programming, allocation of resources, and decisions made by our organization.