We're headed back to the Lone Star State with some new friends at CrossFit Love Field.
OUTWOD Dallas will be hosted by CrossFit Love Field and a portion of monies raised will be benefiting Youth First at the Resource Center, serving middle and high school aged youth, 12-18 years old, Youth First equips them with the tools and resources they need to lead authentic lives.
Remember, all OUTWOD events are inclusive and open to athletes from all backgrounds, ages, shapes, sizes and skill level. There is NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED at any of our fitness events, just a desire to live a healthy life and sweat alongside your peers.
WHAT: OUTWOD Dallas
WHERE: CrossFit Love Field, 9233 Denton Dr #100, Dallas, TX 75235
DATE: Friday, April 20th, 2018
6:15PM - Doors Open
6:45PM - Workout Begins
8:00PM - Workout Ends / Fun Begins
ABOUT YOUTH FIRST AT THE RESOURCE CENTER
Approximately 15,000 LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning) teens live in North Texas yet there are minimal resources available for meeting their unique needs. Youth First is one of the only LGBTQ-focused programs in North Texas that addresses the challenges these teens face at home, and within their schools and communities.
Serving middle and high school aged youth, 12-18 years old, Youth First equips them with the tools and resources they need to lead authentic lives. Family ties are strengthened, peer support networks are built and mental health is supported through activities that build confidence and address the specific issues that LGBTQ teens face during their critical and formative years. In addition, Youth First provides programming and resources for parents and families.
Educational Programs Engage and Inform
- Resiliency from bullying and harassment
- Gender Identity support group
- HIV and STD prevention
- Healthy Relationships
- Coming Out
- Tutoring and job readiness
- Discussion/support group for youth
- Discussion/support group for parents
- LGBTQ History Classes
- Suicide Prevention Support Group
Recreational Activities Promote Community Confidence
- Art, Theater, and Writing clubs
- Friday Family Dinners
- Summer Art Camps
- University of Drag
- Fieldtrips (Musicals/Shows, Dallas Zoo, Six Flags, etc.)
- Community Involvement (Feeding the homeless, volunteering at Humane Society, etc.)
Behavioral Health Services Strengthen Coping Skills
- LGBTQ focused mental health and substance abuse for youth.
- Behavioral Health counseling services are available for teens in either individual, group or family settings.